Subject: RE: [xri-editors] XRI Generic Syntax and Resolution Specification

I think "Generic Syntax and Resolution Specification" sounds great.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Drummond Reed [mailto:drummond.reed@onename.com]
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2003 4:37 PM
To: XRI Editors (E-mail)

Editors:

In carrying out my action item to revise the charter to include an XRI
Secure Resolution specification, it occurred to me that if we are going
to have a "Secure Resolution Protocol", then it would be best to have a
modifer for the current resolution protocol to distinguish it from the
future secure resolution protocol (and that modifer better not be the
"Unsecure Resolution Protocol"!)

What seemed to fit very nicely is calling the current spec the XRI
Generic Syntax and Resolution Specification. That way others can refer
to both "generic XRI syntax" and "generic XRI resolution" as opposed to
specific extensions (e.g., "Acme XRI syntax" or "secure XRI resolution"
or "DNS-based XRI resolution). We do the same thing all the time in the
current spec when talking about "generic URI syntax".

How does this sound to folks?

=Drummond

OASIS TC), go to
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xri-editors/members/leave_workg