Subject: FW: XRI RC1d

--- Begin Message ---
Guys,

It's 1:15am and the OASIS Kavi server is puking big time, so I'm sending
this directly to all of you as editors (sorry for the big attachment) as
I might be in a real rush to make my plane in the morning.

As discussed on today's editor's call, attached is RC1d. I believe that,
save for a final proofing of the new wording in few sections as agreed
on today's call (see the list below), it should be ready for posting as
RC2 and voting starting a week from now as we agreed today because there
are NO action items left and NO open issues (to my knowledge).

In other words, we're really done this time <knock on wood>.

Here's the list of what I did to go from RC1c to RC1d:

1) First, I deleted all the new sections that had been added that we
agreed to get rid of today. Since all of these were new since RC1, you
won't even see delete marks. They are just gone gone (nice and clean).

2) Second, I rewrote 2.2.4.2 as agreed on today's call. It's shorter and
sweeter than ever. Please review the new text.

3) Third, I incorporated Dave's new text for 2.2.4.5. Dave, note that
because you repeated several steps verbatim, I shortened it by using
references to the earlier steps. Please review this and make sure it
looks okay.

4) Fourth, I incorporated Gabe's excellent text for the Acknowledgements
appendix. Gabe, please review the way this got pasted in. (I also took
out the "Epok, formerly OneName" references as per Dave's request).

5) Fifth, I went through the doc and accepted all very minor wording
fixes and improvements that did not involve any issue of substance. I
left any substantial revision since RC1 (either a deletion or an
addition - anything involving a sentence or more). I did this to reduce
the "noise" of the little changes for anyone that looked at RC1 and just
wants to parse the differences in RC2.

6) Lastly, I removed any outdated comments and added comments to explain
EVERY change of any real substance since RC1. Leaving out the 3 proofing
placeholders, there are a total of 31. I'd recommend opening the comment
window and stepping through them quickly to do your own final proof
before we post this as RC2 tomorrow.

So, my schedule is that I have to leave for the airport by about 10:30
PT tomorrow morning. If I hear from folks that they have proofed RC1d
before then, I'll post it to the TC. Otherwise I'll hand off the baton
to Gabe and Dave to finish any proofing and post it.

Now, can I ***PLEASE*** have my weekends back?? (Before we start working
on the XRI Primer and the Metadata Spec? ;-)

=Drummond

wd-xri-specification-RC1d.doc

--- End Message ---