Subject: Re: [xri-editors] PLEASE PROOF: [xri-editors] Groups - xri-syntax-resolution-1.0-cd-PROOF.doc

    Hello all and Happy New Year.  I have a couple of queries regarding the status of the currently-underway XRI committee draft.  If you already have covered these with Karl, that's fine, but he's away this week and I'm unaware of the resolutions;  so if not, let's confirm with him early next week.
    I see from Gabe's 8 December message below (#1) that you may have conducted an approval vote on a committee draft.  If so, please be sure to formally notify either Karl or me, as required by Section 3(a) of the OASIS TC Process rules.  I will be happy to include the spec in our public registry of completed works but can't do so until that step has been taken.
    I am also concerned about the suggestion that an approved draft might be further edited, in Drummond's 21 December message below (#2).  OASIS practice is to freeze changes when a work is put up for vote, and not to permit changes thereafter except by formal process (e.g., another vote resulting in a new version) or distinct errata (also requiring a vote).  Obviously this is to preserve intact the version as a record of what the TC actually approved.   So it is possible that any post-vote changes may need a vote and a version number change.
    Congratulations in any case on successfully completing the work.  I'm sure the formalities will not prove to be an obstacle of any significance.  If there are any questions, let's discuss early next week once everyone's back from holiday.  If there's more to this than I know or some urgency for resolving this sooner, please feel free to advise.
    Regards  Jamie

(1)
From: "Wachob, Gabe" <gwachob@visa.com>
To: "'xri@lists.oasis-open.org'" <xri@lists.oasis-open.org>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 10:01:13 -0800
Subject: [xri] Unanimous approval of RC2

TC Members-
    The XRI Syntax and Resolution Specification RC2 has been unanimously approved as a committee specification.
    We expect errata and other minor changes to be made after implementation effforts begin (there is at least one open source effort that we know of).
    I'd like to congratulate the TC and especially the editors for making this specification happen! We still have some work upcoming though: metadata specification, secure resolution specification, and incorporating feedback from implementation (as noted above).
    The mechanics of how RC2 is published as the official committee spec is being worked on now. We plan on taking this to the whole of Oasis as an Oasis-approved spec after some implementation is done and feedback is incorporated.
    Once again, THANKS and CONGRATULATIONS!
    -Gabe

(2)