Subject: RE: [xri-editors] URI authority resolution

Yes, I agree it would kinda "suck". The SRV proposal would address this issue directly by mapping the dns name to another dns name (ie xria.wachob.com) but I fully recognize that most folks aren't going to be able to deploy SRV records.

I'd be OK with the solution of tacking on a predefined local-path to the HTTP URI (as per Dave's suggestion - something like http://wachob.com/XRIDescriptor.xml)

Alternatively, could we suggest that there be some content-negotiation to get the right data? Define a new media type and require the server to return that media type? So the request to http://wachob.com/ would have a Accept: application/xrid header?

	-Gabe

gwachob@visa.com
Chief Systems Architect
Technology Strategies and Standards