Subject: New language for describing cross references

Per my action item today, here is my proposal for new language
describing cross references: (starting line 147 of the last pdf  -03)

Cross-References. Cross references allow the use of URIs or XRIs as a
syntactically-delimited subsegment of an XRI. This allows for use of
well-known, fully qualified identifiers within the middle of an XRI.
Applications of cross-references include indicating specific types of
metadata such as versioning within an XRI, or the use globally defined
identifiers to mark parts of an XRI as having application- or
vocabulary-specific semantics.

This seems cleaner and more concrete to me. Is it too much detail?

	-Gabe

gwachob@visa.com
Chief Systems Architect
Technology Strategies and Standards
Visa International
Phone: +1.650.432.3696   Fax: +1.650.554.6817