Subject: RE: [xri-editors] Alternative to Resolution Errors inside Descriptors

Title: RE: [xri-editors] Alternative to Resolution Errors inside Descriptors

we should think of this in the context of debugging resolution issues.  if via provides insight to (potentially unknown) resolution intermediaries, then yes, i think it is useful to include via.

--- peterd

-----Original Message-----
From: Wachob, Gabe [mailto:gwachob@visa.com]
Sent: Thu 1/27/2005 7:38 PM
To: Dave McAlpin; xri-editors@lists.oasis-open.org

I think passing through the error code, as Dave proposes, probably is
fine. That's certainly what happens with today's HTTP proxies. I notice
the "via:" header for proxy/gateways is REQUIRED (RFC section 14.45,
however, and wonder whether we should abide by this requirement. We are
sort of a gateway or a proxy, but its not clear that we fall within the
intent of gateway and proxy in RFC 2616.

Hmm.