Subject: RE: [xri-editors] further thinking on mustUnderstand

I don't think so. Tokens, in your example, apply to authorities. They'd
be placed in XRIDescriptors/XRIDescriptor/Authority/Token.
MustUnderstand would be relative to the Authority, not the XRID.

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter C Davis [mailto:peter.davis@neustar.biz]
Sent: Friday, February 04, 2005 9:40 PM
To: Dave McAlpin
Cc: xri-editors@lists.oasis-open.org

On Friday 04 February 2005 02:19 pm, Dave McAlpin wrote:
> Both of these cases seem to argue for MustUnderstand semantics on an
> Authority element, not on the XRID which can describe multiple
> authorities. In the second case especially, a client shouldn't be
> precluded from processing Service elements just because he doesn't
> understand how to pass proper credentials to some resolution
authority.
> Is that correct?

i suppose that depends on where the token extension points are placed...
token
placement is likely to be XRIDescriptors/XRIDescriptor/Token, since
these are
(potentially) unique for each authority, and required for processing
'next-level' resolution.... in this use case.

SO the processing would require (a) resolver to process the XRID,
extract the
Token, and add that to the HTTP header for the next resolution step.
that
seems to require modifications to the XRID.

--- peterd