Subject: XRI Primer status question

Mary and Jamie,

Now that we've got the schedule straight, another question has come up that
we'd love to get an answer to before the XRI Editor's SC call tomorrow at
10am Pacific.

We're planning a total of 4 documents in the XRI 2.0 suite: Syntax,
Resolution, Metadata, and a Primer. The first three are normative, but the
Primer is not.

The reason for the Primer is that we've found through experience that a
non-normative introduction to XRIs is extremely helpful in having folks
understand XRI architecture and its uses. However the Primer is entirely
non-normative - only the other 3 XRI specifications are normative.

So, the question is: is there any reason that the Primer should be part of
the official normative specification package put up for OASIS review and
vote? And if not (as we assume), how should it be referenced by the other 3
documents?

Also, how should the other 3 documents be packaged? With XRI 1.0 we only had
one spec, so we haven't had to deal with multi-document spec packaging yet.

Thanks for your guidance,

=Drummond