Subject: RE: [xri-editors] next round on the intro doc

everyone.

=Drummond

-----Original Message-----
From: Lindelsee, Mike [mailto:mlindels@visa.com]
Sent: Friday, April 29, 2005 4:12 PM
To: xri-editors@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [xri-editors] next round on the intro doc

All,

Gabe and I are going to take a stab at editing the intro doc.  To set
expectations correctly, we are planning on doing some major surgery the
doc.  Our initial assessment is that we'll need two weeks to get to a
point where we'd like some initial review and comments.  At that point
we'll be able to better pin down how long it will take to get to a final
draft.  I'm guessing that will be an additional two to four weeks (not
counting the time it takes to do review cycles).

As a separate issue we should consider if we want to link this document
to the OASIS-wide spec vote or not.  I think it might be better to just
continue with the vote as is and publish this document afterwards.
Let's discuss if anyone feels that we should link the two though.

Mike