Subject: RE: [xri-editors] RE: [xri] W3C comment addendum

I think this approach makes sense. I agree that a FAQ is the best approach
for the Web/identifier-savvy audience, and it is easier to evolve as the
specs and technology moves forward. And this allows the Intro doc to stay at
a higher level.

Mike, would you see this FAQ as one that can replace the current XRI TC home
page FAQ (or would it just be referenced from there?)

=Drummond

-----Original Message-----
From: Lindelsee, Mike [mailto:mlindels@visa.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2005 10:19 AM
To: xri-editors@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [xri-editors] RE: [xri] W3C comment addendum

Gabe and I have come to the conclusion that we really have two
audiences: the Web/identifier-savvy audience and a less technical
audience.  It's unlikely that the Intro doc will work for both
audiences, so we're working on a revised FAQ for the more technical
audience and cleaning up the Intro doc for the less technical audience.

Our goal is to get docs out to the editors' group that we think are
complete.  I think that the priority is to get material out that will
help the more technical audience understand XRI, so we are focusing on
the FAQ first.  We'll have that to the editors' group on or before 5/27
and will have our revision of the Intro doc to the group the following
week (6/3).

Hopefully we'll be able to have a quick round of feedback/edits and then
put the docs out to the TC.

If anyone thinks this is the wrong approach, let us know.

Mike