Subject: RE: [xri-editors] Proposals for XRI Descriptor priority attribute

Okay, then I'll resubmit the proposal that the normative text should say to
process element priority in this order:

1) Priority attribute if present
2) If not present, XML document order if preserved
3) If not preserved, random order

Are there any other objections, or can we close this issue?

=Drummond

-----Original Message-----
From: Lindelsee, Mike [mailto:mlindels@visa.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2005 9:52 AM
To: Sakimura, Nat; Drummond Reed; Wachob, Gabe; Peter Davis; Wodjenski,
Sharon; xri-editors@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: Chasen, Les; Zhang, Ning; Tran, Trung

As I see it, the issue is that we've already said that we can't rely on
parsers to maintain document order.  If that is the case, then the
document order a resolving client sees has to be considered random.
Btw, I'm not convinced that this is the case.  In my experience, XML
parsers do, in fact, maintain document order.  But I'm willing to
develop the spec with the assumption that order might not be maintained.

Mike