xri message

Subject: No Subject

=3DDrummond=20

=09

-----Original Message-----
From: Wachob, Gabe [mailto:gwachob@visa.com]
Sent: Monday, April 21, 2003 12:36 PM
To: 'Peter C Davis'; OASIS XRI
Subject: RE: [xri] Version enclosures

Peter-
        Actually I'm glad you kicked off discussion here - I had
intended to pick some of the issues and dive in, but I'm happy someone
other than the chair has taken the initiative.

        As to the substance of your point - I agree! +1!

        The only question I have is about the status of the '['/']'
characters vs. '('/')' characters - are there situations where [] must
be escaped? (I don't think so).

        -Gabe

P.S.

        I really dig your approach wrt referring to sections of text:

[:version#linenum]

        But perhaps we use (in the approach of "eat your own dogfood"):

xri://(urn:oasis:xri)/documents/syntax-and-resolution[0.5]#53

        Or in relative form:

xri:syntax-and-resolution[:0.5]#53

        Or in version-only form:

[:0.5]#53