xri message

Subject: RE: [xri-editors] RE: Trusted resolution

I had an action item to provide alternative text for section 4.9 of the
requirements doc. Here's my proposal. Note that I explicitly exclude access
control and don't comment on client side authentication (i.e. the ability of
the resolver to trust the identity of the resolution requester). Is that ok
or do we need to deal with those issues as well?

The XRI specification must ensure that the specified resolution mechanism(s)
can be extended to provide trusted resolution. Trusted resolution in this
context means the relying party (i.e. the party requesting resolution) can
trust that the result of resolution is correct as defined by the resource's
controlling identifier authority. Specification of the actual mechanism for
trusted resolution may be outside the scope of this TC. Data confidentiality
and access control are explicitly outside the scope of this requirement.

Dave