xri message

Subject: REVIEW REQUESTED: Working Draft 06 of XRI Specification

XRI TC Members and Observers:

Congratulations to Dave McAlpin, chair of the Editor's Subcommittee, and
the rest of the editors for posting Working Draft 06 of the XRI
Specification today, meeting the first of the three milestones we
established last month (July 3 = editor's draft to full TC for review;
July 24 = TC draft for full public review, Sept. 4 = final 1.0 draft for
TC vote).

The links to both the Word version and a PDF version of the file are
provided in Dave's message below, and are also on the TC homepage at
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xri/.

This begins the start of the two week TC review period that will last
until July 17. In this period we would strongly appreciate comments and
feedback, both normative and stylistic, from all TC members and
observers (or anyone else you would like to point at this draft).

The document is substantially complete, although there are still a few
missing sections, most notably Internationalization, (Nat Sakimura, the
lead editor on I18N, has been on the road for the last two weeks). There
is also an issues list in Appendix G. Our goal is to finish all
remaining sections and deal with all major issues over the next three
weeks, so that the July 24 public review draft is close to 1.0.

Please feel free to send your feedback in any form you would like -
plain text email, revisions/annotations to the Word document (please
turn Track Changes on), PDF annotations, etc. To quote the cover page of
the spec:

"Committee members should send comments on this specification to the
xri@lists.oasis-open.org list. Others should subscribe to and send
send an email message to xri-comment-request@lists.oasis-open.org with
the word "subscribe" as the body of the message."

Thanks in advance - with your help, we hope to produce a very solid spec
by the 24th.

=Drummond & Gabe