xri message

Subject: Unanimous approval of RC2

TC Members-
    The XRI Syntax and Resolution Specification RC2 has been unanimously approved as a committee specification.

    We expect errata and other minor changes to be made after implementation effforts begin (there is at least one open source effort that we know of).

    I'd like to congratulate the TC and especially the editors for making this specification happen! We still have some work upcoming though: metadata specification, secure resolution specification, and incorporating feedback from implementation (as noted above).

    The mechanics of how RC2 is published as the official committee spec is being worked on now. We plan on taking this to the whole of Oasis as an Oasis-approved spec after some implementation is done and feedback is incorporated.

    Once again, THANKS and CONGRATULATIONS!

    -Gabe