xri message

Subject: Errata proposals

I just posted proposed errata that

1) Adds the ability to do "redirects" at the XML level during resolution,
and
2) Adds an ID attribute at the root of the XRIDescriptor.

The redirect issue was mostly an oversight. I intended to have it in the
original spec and just overlooked it. The proposal adds a new element,
xri:AlternativeXRI, explains the behavior associated with this element and
clarifies the intent of xri:Mapping.

The ID attribute makes it easy to unambiguously refer to the XRIDescriptor's
root in XPath. The trusted res draft makes use of this attribute.

I'm not sure what the process is for approving errata, but comments are
welcome while we sort out the logistics.

Dave