xri message

Subject: The process for moving forward

TC Members-
	I'd like to get moving on the XRI spec changes, and I'd like to
propose the following process.

1) The TC conducts a survey of how people feel on the change to .
Given the fact that the summary has been posted to the list, its time to
narrow down our change proposals. Are we going to discuss any characters
besides * and !? Are we going to change to using *: and *. or just to * and
: (ie make the new character always used in combination)?

2) Hold a vote on the proposals from #1

3) Solicit any other changes to the XRI spec that people feel are crtitical
(maybe in parallel to 1 and 2, but I'm a little concerned about distracting
the TC from the */! issue)

... some delay for discussion ...

4) Vote on any proposals coming out of #3

5) Either in parallel with 3 & 4, or after 5, start drafting the changes to
the core spec as needed.

... some delay for review ...

6) Vote on 1.1 committee draft

	I'm hoping this process frontloads the big change proposals so that
implementers will have increasing confidence that their code will require
fewer changes as time goes on (if any).

	Thoughts?

	-Gabe

gwachob@visa.com
Chief Systems Architect
Technology Strategies and Standards
Visa International
Phone: +1.650.432.3696   Fax: +1.650.554.6817