xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] RE: Single delegation character

As someone who has actually written parser code for XRIs, I don't think the marginal simplification of the single delegation character is worth it - its not much harder to look for one of a pair of delegation characters (ie . and : or * and :) than to test for one (ie just *).

What makes parsing hard is the cross references - but, IMHO, thats one of the most valuable aspects of XRI...

	-Gabe

gwachob@visa.com
Chief Systems Architect
Technology Strategies and Standards