xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] Bullet list of possible XRI changes

Thanks Dave!

If anyone would like to add to this list, please let us know (or you can add items yourself if you are really comfortable with wiki, but otherwise, please let one of us chairs or Dave McAlpin do it).

I've reordered the page in roughly the order I think we should tackle these issues:

- Clarify semantics related to star sub-segment separator
- Make xri-authority be a 2396bis-style authority
- Change ABNF to incorporate changes in new drafts of 2396bis and IRI
- Make resolution of URI-Authority based XRIs more similar to XRI-Authority based XRIs
- Explain proxied resolution and modify spec as needed
- Allow a resolution step to resolve multiple subsegments
- Incorporate proposed errata from 1.0 spec
- Allow normative references to IRI and 2396bis

I plan on initiating on the first issue (XriChangeStarSemantics) in the next day or two.

	-Gabe

gwachob@visa.com
Chief Systems Architect
Technology Strategies and Standards