xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] Issue 1: Clarifying * Semantics

Loren-
	I think the discussion is whether the proposed change should be adopted. If we take no action, the change will not be adopted.
	As to whether this is an aesthetic-only change, I'll let the initial proponents of this proposal speak up. I think its largely aesthetic, but can see some technical value in the simplification of comparison (no need to account for "implied" leading *'s in segments).

	-Gabe

gwachob@visa.com
Chief Systems Architect
Technology Strategies and Standards