xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] Issue 1: Clarifying * Semantics

Having written a variety of parsers myself (and played around with parsing XRIs), I have to agree with Loren on this topic.  The details we are talking about in these threads (one character vs. two, delimeter vs. decorator, four rules vs. five) have a trivial effect on writing an XRI parser.  Were we talking about tens or hundreds of rules or characters being changed, I'd be concerned -- but in this instance I don't believe either the complexity of the parser or the understandability of the rules behind the parsing increases appreciably.

Mike

_workgroup.php.