xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] updated proposed XRI 1.1 ABNF

The problem is that we want "//" to be optional in a native absolute XRI. In
other words, to satisfy our human-friendly identifier requirement, the
following should be legal native XRIs (i.e., before conversion to IRI normal
form):

	=foo
	@foo
	xri:=foo
	xri:@foo

So, if we are to follow RFC2396bis format, then we need to make "//"
optional in both XRI and absolute-XRI, then require the "//" be present when
converting to IRI normal form.

XRI           = [ "xri:" ] xri-hier-part [ "?" xri-query ]
                [ "#" xri-fragment ]
xri-hier-part = ["//"] ( xri-authority / iauthority )
                [ xri-path-absolute]
              / ipath-empty
absolute-XRI  = [ "xri:" ] xri-hier-part [ "?" xri-query ]

=Drummond

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave McAlpin [mailto:Dave.McAlpin@epok.net]
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2004 6:05 PM
To: Lindelsee, Mike ; xri@lists.oasis-open.org

XRI and absolute-XR are inconsistent wrt //.

XRI           = [ "xri://" ] xri-hier-part [ "?" xri-query ]
              [ "#" xri-fragment ]
xri-hier-part = ( xri-authority / iauthority ) [ xri-path-absolute ]
              / ipath-empty
absolute-XRI  = [ "xri:" ] xri-hier-part [ "?" xri-query ]

One possibility is to add // to absolute-XRI, like

absolute-XRI  = [ "xri://" ] xri-hier-part [ "?" xri-query ]

but my preference is to follow 2936bis.

]
              / ipath-empty
absolute-XRI  = [ "xri:" ] xri-hier-part [ "?" xri-query ]

Dave

Resolution:
> replace "segment" in the appropriate productions with "subseg".
>
> 4.  Support for authority-less XRIs.  E.g., xri:/foo.  Resolution:
Remove
> support for authority-less XRIs.
>
> 5.  Should we follow 2396bis and disallow "[" and "]" in the query and
> fragment productions? Resolution: Follow 2396bis.
>
> Two errors were also found in the ABNF and have been corrected.  The
first
> allowed an XRI authority that started with an xref to be followed by
> arbitrary characters (e.g., xri://(@foo)abc).  The second allowed a
> subsegment in an XRI authority to be composed of an arbitrary number
of
> characters and xrefs (e.g., xri://@foo.(@bar)abc(@xyz)def).  This
second
> error is related to issue number 2 above, but such behavior was never
> supposed to be allowed in the authority part of an XRI.
>
> Mike

OASIS TC), go to
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xri/members/leave_workgroup.php
.