xri message

Subject: RE: Timeline for XRI 2.0

Hi Drummond,

Hopefully this will answer all of your questions; if not, feel free to email or call!

1. Does that mean the XRI TC could being officially referencing SAML 2.0 and thus take a vote on XRI 2.0 as early as March 1? Or is
there a waiting period before we can officially reference the SAML 2.0 spec (for example, before it is assigned the OASIS standard
identifier we need to reference it with)?

SAML 2.0 will be "official" as soon as the announcement is sent to members. This could happen as soon as March 1, or may be delayed
due to negative votes. The only missing piece would be a URL to the final version - it sometimes takes the TC a few days to make the
necessary modifications and get the new document(s) posted.

2) Once we approve XRI 2.0 as a Committee Draft, is there any waiting period before we can start the 30 day public review period?

The TC must vote to submit the document for a 30-day public review. Assuming that this vote takes place on the same day as the CD
vote and approval, you can submit the document to me upon completion of the minutes, or if Kavi ballot, as soon as the ballot
closes.

3) Given that a specification must be submitted by the 15th of the month, it would appear that if the XRI TC approves XRI 2.0 as a
Committee Draft in early March, and begins the public review period immediately, the earliest the TC could submit the specification
for a vote as an OASIS standard would be prior to April 15. In this case, if the application is complete, the member review period
could begin May 1, and member voting on May 15.

Perfect :-) The only hitch would be if comments were received that would result in edits to the CD.

Regards,

Mary

Mary P McRae
OASIS