xri message

Subject: FW: From the OASIS Symposium 2005 Program Committee

XRI and XDI TC Members,

Our submission for the OASIS Symposium was not accepted.

=Drummond

From: William Cox [mailto:wtcox@comcast.net]
Sent: Friday, February 11, 2005 3:46 PM
To: drummond.reed@cordance.net
Cc: OASIS TAB

Dear Mr Reed --

On behalf of the OASIS Technical Advisory Board, acting as the Program Committee for OASIS Symposium 2005, we would like to thank you for submitting your proposal "XRIs and XDI Dictionaries: A New Approach to XML Vocabulary Sharing." The TAB members were pleased by the quantity and quality of submissions.

Regretfully, scheduling constraints made it impossible for us to accept your proposal from among the worthy proposals received.

Although the Program Committee was not able to select your proposal, we would like to recognize the time and effort that you contribute to OASIS and to the XRI/XDI TCs and extend our sincere thanks.

We hope you will participate in the OASIS Symposium on the Future of XML Vocabularies. The gathering in New Orleans April 24th through 26th, 2005 ( http://www.oasis-open.org/events/symposium_2005/ ) will be an ideal opportunity for all attendees to express opinions and exchange viewpoints on advancing new work at OASIS.

There is a scheduled Birds-of-a-feather/Nocturne session on Monday evening, April 25, with the working title "Vocabularies and Registries." We encourage you to participate.

We hope to see you there.

William Cox
Jishnu Mukerji
OASIS TAB Symposium Subcommittee Co-Chairs