xri message

Subject: Attacks on UTF-8 Encoding

Peter et al:

I ran across a reference today to the 2003 UTF-8 specification, RFC 3629
(http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc3629.html) that, in Section 10 (Security
Considerations) goes into detail about attacks on UTF-8.

I remember seeing part of this same material in the IRI Security
Considerations cited by Peter in his Syntax security draft. But this
material is so good we might want to cite it directly in XRI Syntax (and
maybe even add a UTF-8 heading in the security section.)

Peter, whadayathink?

=Drummond