xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] Relative XRIs

That’s a pretty drastic change. Someone did a fair amount of work to diverge from IRI and URI syntax here. I’m sure there was some theory behind that decision.

Dave

From: Drummond Reed [mailto:drummond.reed@cordance.net]
Sent: Monday, February 14, 2005 2:37 PM
To: Dave McAlpin; xri@lists.oasis-open.org

I noticed the same thing in my review but didn't flag it. The one place we diverge from IRI and URI is in the rules around the opening "//".

I would be in favor of realigning the XRI 2.0 rules so that for an absolute XRI:

1) "xri:" (the scheme name) is optional,

AND

2) IF an XRI starts with a GCS character, then "//" is also optional (i.e., the scheme name plus the "//" can be left off). If the XRI does not start with a GCS character, then "//" is not optional.

But by these rules the "//" can always be included.

Mike, is this cool with you?

=Drummond