xri message

Subject: Homographic attacks

Peter et al:

As phishing continues on the rise, there is an excellent series of articles
in TidBITs by Glenn Fleishman about "homograph" attacks where the attacker
registers an international domain name that is - even to the trained eye -
undistinguishable from the real thing due to the fact that it uses Unicode
characters that are appear extremely similar to ASCII characters.

It's become serious enough that they are warning Firefox users to disable
IDN until Firefox comes up with a fix.

I'm copying Adam and Glenn so they know that this is something the XRI TC is
interested in helping prevent with XRIs. (Adam, Glenn, if you want to reply
with more info, you can reply back to me and I'll forward to the list.)

Peter, I think we should mention this in the Security Considerations section
of XRI Syntax.

=Drummond