xri message

Subject: Update to Resolution release candidate (now O8)

XRI TC Members and Observers:

While Dave and I have been working on the Introduction to XRIs document this
weekend, Gabe did a proofreading pass on the final 07 Working Draft of the
Resolution spec. Besides a number of minor formating and wording fixes that
were needed, he found two important ones:

1) We had not gone back and added AuthorityID elements to all our examples
in the Generic Resolution section after we decided it was a required element
in XRIDs, and

2) On line 977 of the PDF version of 07 (in section 2.5.1 on HTTP Header
Caching), Gabe noticed that what was currently a normative SHOULD should in
fact be a SHOULD NOT! How that one slipped by the rest of the editors is
anyone's guess.

Nice eagle eyes, Gabe! Thanks to he and Dave, all the fixes are complete and
uploaded as the following three documents:

XRI RESOLUTION V2.0 WORKING DRAFT 08 W/REVISIONS (MS WORD)
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/11828/xri-resolution-V2.0-
wd-08-w-rev.doc
This one includes change marks showing all changes from 07.

XRI RESOLUTION V2.0 WORKING DRAFT 08 (MS WORD)
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/11829/xri-resolution-V2.0-
wd-08.doc
New release candidate in Word format.

XRI RESOLUTION V2.0 WORKING DRAFT 08 (PDF)
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/11830/xri-resolution-V2.0-
wd-08.pdf
New release candidate in PDF format.

Please refer to these documents as you prepare for tomorrow's Committee
Draft vote.

Due to the extra time this took we won't get a draft of the Intro to XRIs
doc posted until tomorrow. We'll discuss that further on the call.

SEE YOU ON THE 2PM PACIFIC (7AM JAPAN) CALL. Again, please notify myself or
Gabe if for any reason you will not be able to make the call (Peter's plane
flight already noted).

=Drummond