xri message

Subject: Ballot for extension of public review period

XRI TC Members and Observers:

Gabe and I received a request from the W3C Technical Architecture Group
(http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/) requesting that we extend the public review
period for the XRI 2.0 specifications for two weeks in order to give them
more time to comment.

We've also had two conversations with members of the Network Applications
Consortium, who are working together with the DMTF and Open Group find a
solution to interoperable identifiers (as described in an article I posted
to the list a few weeks ago -
http://www.cio-today.com/story.xhtml?story_title=Extending-Identity-Manageme
nt-s-Realm&story_id=30788). They too would appreciate more time to evaluate
the XRI 2.0 specs.

We checked with Mary McRae about the impact on timing and she explained that
due to the new OASIS TC process rules that take effect April 15, if we do
decide to incorporate feedback and thus need a second Committee Draft vote,
we will only need a 15-day review period following the vote (see her
explanation below.)

She recommends that the TC hold a formal vote to extend the review period,
which I will be posting an online ballot next. Although by TC rules this
ballot must be open for one week, please vote ASAP so we can inform OASIS of
the outcome.

Thank you,

=Drummond