xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] Groups - Draft XRI 2.0 CD02 Revision Proposal (draft-xri-2-cd02-abnf-v1.doc) uploaded

Dave is correct -- the only conflict between the Committee Draft 01 ABNF and
the URI/IRI ABNF is in the first segment of the path.

Dave, have you looked at the Analysis section of
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/14487/draft-xri-2-cd02-abn
f-v1.doc?

I don't know what the old reason was last spring, but this analysis made me
comfortable with the proposed revision.

=Drummond

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave McAlpin [mailto:Dave.McAlpin@epok.net]
Sent: Saturday, September 17, 2005 12:50 AM
To: Lindelsee, Mike ; xri@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: RE: [xri] Groups - Draft XRI 2.0 CD02 Revision Proposal
(draft-xri-2-cd02-abnf-v1.doc) uploaded

We shouldn't overstate this problem. Empty paths are allowed everywhere
except for the segment immediately following the authority. In other
words, xri://@example/foo///bar is legal, only something like
xri://@example//foo/bar is not.

There was a good reason for this, but I just have to remember what it
was...

Dave