xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] Type and Media parameters

I can understand your concern from the aesthetics standpoint. However, I
think for interoperability, it is best leaving it encoded. I can think
of a few reasons for that (need further investigation):

1. The HXRI may be an invalid URI if gen-delims such as ":" or "@"
appears in the URI fragment. That is how I read the ABNF of RFC3986. I
suspect most URI parsers are more lenient and would allow any character
other than "&", "#" and "=", it may break certain stricter parsers.

2. From an implementation standpoint, I think it is also easier to have
the CGI library URI-decode the parameters rather than implementing it
from scratch.

Wil.