xri message

Subject: Updated error codes

Hi Drummond,

Here’s an updated error code table containing changes that we agreed upon on Thursday’s TC call.

With regards to the interaction between AUTH_RES_NOT_FOUND and no-follow-ref, in order for me to understand it I divided it into 4 scenarios:

Let’s set up a common QXRI =a*b, and the result of resolution is that =a’s XRD has neither an $res*auth service nor a Ref element.

  1. Proxy server is given a media type of xrds or xrds+saml with the no-follow-ref flag set -> return all the XRD’s successfully resolved so far. Or should we return all the successfully resolved XRD’s followed by AUTH_RES_NOT_FOUND?
  2. Proxy server is given any other media type with no-follow-ref flag set -> return HTTP 200 with error message in text/plan or html.
  3. Proxy server is given a media type of xrds or xrds+saml *without* no-follow-ref -> return *a’s XRD followed by *b’s XRD with status = AUTH_RES_NOT_FOUND (Isn’t this the purpose of REF_NOT_FOUND?)
  4. Proxy server is given any other media type *without* no-follow-ref -> return HTTP 200 with error message in text/plain or html.

Thoughts?

=wil (http://xri.net/=wil)

xri-resolution-v2.0-wd-10-ed-06.doc