xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] Initial feedback on wd-10-ed-08

Gabe,

First, you’re right, it is 2046 that we should reference on line 1610 (that’s why I marked it “PROOF: Gabe”).

I looked at 2045 but it only defines the grammar; 2046 is the one that establishes the IETF media type tree in which all our media types (and others if they extend it that way) would live, so I think we can just reference 2046.

I also fixed the list numbering on line 892.

As for the question of the trust parameter value being able to be both saml and https, I *knew* you were going to ask this – I had already put this on the agenda for today’s call. It seems like an obvious enough option, and one which we can easily add to section 6.2 on SAML Trusted Authority Resolution.

I reread RFC 2045 and could not find any direction about using the same parameter twice. To be safe, though, we should probably define a fourth value for the trust parameter (after “none”, “https”, and “saml”) of “https+saml”.

Do you agree? We can discuss further on today’s call. I’m prepping the agenda right now.

=Drummond