xri message

Subject: Eliminating $- annotation metadata

In the work Marty and I have been doing on XRI Metadata 2.0 Working Draft
08, we reached the conclusion last week that the use case for $-
(annotation) metadata had become so weak, and the cost of this special type
of metadata so high, that we should drop it. It simply creates too many
exceptions to be worth the very limited value of being able to annotate
identifiers, especially in light of the ability to use XRI resolution to
obtain synonyms and other metadata.

Since this in turn eliminates an implementation requirement that would have
extended to all XRI resolvers and resolution services, Gabe and I made the
executive decision to eliminate the $- special exception from XRI Resolution
2.0 Working Draft 10 as well. Section 5.1.5 has been updated accordingly.

=Drummond