xri message

Subject: Minute of XRI TC Telecon Thursday 3/16

Following are the minutes of the unofficial XRI TC telecon on:

Date:  Thursday, 16 March 2006 USA (Friday morning Asia)
Time:  4:00PM - 5:30PM PT

PRESENT

Gabe
Les
Drummond

Key:
* = discussion
# = decision
### = action item

AGENDA

1) REVIEW OF XRI RESOLUTION 2.0 WD 10 ED 09
We reviewed everything marked "PROOF" as a comment. Discussion points:

* Section 1.1 needs rewriting of several points, including clarification
that metadata can include anything that describes the target resource,
clarification of the DNS/XRI resolution chart, clarification of the two
phases of resolution, and expansion of the points about how XRI resolution
differs from DNS.

### Drummond to make the updates in Working Draft 10.

* We reviewed the questions about the XRD schema in Appendix A.

### Gabe to do a final version with further refactoring of how attribute
groups are referenced.

* We agreed that Working Draft 10 should be published as soon as these two
action items were accomplished, particularly as it was going to be
informally referenced by the Yadis 1.0 specification (www.yadis.org).

### Drummond to publish Working Draft 10. (Note: this happened on 3/18.)

2) SCHEDULE ON XRI METADATA AND XRI TYPE METADATA
Drummond reported that he and Marty had made good progress on Working Draft
08 of XRI Metadata 2.0, and also the new XRI Type Metadata 2.0, the two
final specs in the 2.0 cycle. Starting next week these two specs should
become the primary focus of the calls.