xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] XRI comments from W3C TAG

Jamie,

Thanks very much for your summary of the current status. Just to reinterate
the TC's plan based on our conversations on this subject in January:

#1: We plan to first finish the XRI 2.0 suite of specifications. With XRI
Resolution 2.0 nearing completion, that leaves just XRI Metadata 2.0 and XRI
Type Metadata 2.0, which are also maturing, so we don't think this will take
much longer. These new specifications will then need to undergo public
review.

#2: We then want to prepare a document and powerpoint explaining the XRI
problem space, the use cases for which TC members are adopting XRI syntax
and resolution, and how XRI adoption is already happening in the market. We
think this will go a long ways towards explaining the business case for XRI
and help dispel a number of misconceptions about it with respect to HTTP
URIs, URNs, and other types of identifiers.

#3: With these materials we then hope to have in-depth conversations
explaining XRI and answering questions form the W3C TAG, other OASIS
members, and industry analysts.

Once we have completed this cycle of activities, the XRI 2.0 specification
suite should be ready for a full OASIS Standard vote.

Best,

=Drummond