xri message

Subject: Metadata examples for discussion on today's call

XRI TC Members and Observers:

Following are some simple examples of different options for XRI metadata that Marty Schlieff and I have been discussing and want to go over with TC members.

We’re listing them here with labels but without more elaboration because we don’t want to bias anyone prior to the call.

=Drummond

Example A: Using datetime as version (option #1)

      xri://@example/resource*($v*($d*1994-11-05T08:15:30-05:00Z))

Example B: Using datetime as version (option #2)

      xri://@example/resource*($v*datetime*($d*1994-11-05T08:15:30-05:00Z))

Example C: Using datetime as version (option #3)

      xri://@example/resource*($v*date*1994-11-05)

Example D: nesting a language tag

      xri://@example/resource*($l*fr*($t*cis*pays))

Example E: nesting a language tag