xri message

Subject: Minutes: XRI TC Telecons 2006-08-31, 09-07, 09-21, and 09-28

A reminder that unofficial XRI TC telecons continue to be held every
Thursday at 4PM PT until the completion of the XRI 2.0 cycle.

Following is summary of the minutes of the XRI TC unofficial telecons held
on:

* 2006-08-31
* 2006-09-07
* 2006-09-21
* 2006-09-28

1) XRI RESOLUTION 2.0 WORKING DRAFT 11

The past four XRI TC telecons have focused almost exclusively on efforts of
the XRI Resolution 2.0 editors to close the issues for Working Draft 11. Due
to time pressures and Digital ID World, we have not posted minutes of
individual meetings, but rather tracked the progress via updates to the WD
11 page on the XRI TC wiki:

	http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/Xri2Cd02/ResWorkingDraft11

We are down now to nine remaining open issues (out of 35), with more than
half of these ready for closure after review by Wil Tan and Victor Grey, who
couldn't be on the last call. We expect to finish this week, at which point
all the effort will go into drafting and review of WD11.

Although some of the discussion of these issues took place directly between
individual editors, we strove to capture all salient points on the wiki.
From this point forward all discussion and closure will take place on the
list so other TC members can closely review progress and final decisions.

2) STATUS OF XRI $ DICTIONARY (WAS XRI METADATA SPECIFICATION)

On the 2006-09-07 telecon, the first part of the meeting was devoted to a
preview of the XML format that Marty Schleiff of Boeing has been developing
for machine-readable expression of the XRI $ dictionary. Marty believe we
should publish this XML format as an appendix to the human-readable
document.

We also discussed that Marty and Drummond are proposing to formally change
the name of this specification to the XRI $ Dictionary because it has
evolved into a specification of $ dictionary entries, some of which may
serve as XRI metadata, but others which may serve other purposes (such as
the $res, $xrds, and $xrd entries that establish the XRI resolution
namespaces).

Marty and Drummond will start posting drafts of this spec as soon as the XRI
Resolution 2.0 WD 11 editing process is "over the hump".

3) XRI SYNTAX 2.01 OR 2.1

In our work on XRI Resolution 2.0 and the XRI $ Dictionary, we have
generated a handful of issues for XRI Syntax that necessitate a subsequent
version. Whether this should be 2.01 or 2.1 depends on the outcome of these
issues. Drummond will prepare an issues page this week for discussion
starting on this Thursday's XRI TC telecon (Thursday 4PM PT).