xri message

Subject: Minutes: Joint XRI & XDI TC Telecon 4pm PT Thursday 2007-02-08

Following are the minutes for the joint unofficial telecon of the XRI and XDI
TCs at:

DATE:  Thursday, 8 February 2007 USA (Friday morning Asia)
TIME:  4:00PM - 5:30PM PT

EVENT DESCRIPTION:
Weekly unofficial call that will continue until the end of the XRI 2.0
cycle.

ATTENDING:

Paul Trevithick
Marty Schleiff
Les Chasen
Steve Churchill
Laurie Rae
Drummond Reed
Andy Dale
Gabe Wachob (called in briefly)

AGENDA
1) NEW ITEM - CHANGE THE MEETING TIME

Action Item:
It was decided that Laurie would send a note to the list, proposing
Thursday am at 9:00 as the new time for the joint phone call.

2) XRI SYNTAX 2.1 COMPACT SYNTAX PROPOSAL

We reviewed the most recently updated proposal at:

		http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/XriCd02/CompactSyntax

Marty asked about some of the rules, for example: =abc*(/xrz)

Action Item: Drummond to study rule 4 and check if any changes are necessary?
Action Item: Steve and Drummond to have a discussion about delimiters

Action Item: Plan to have the proposal at the decision phase for next week.

3) MXRI SYNTAX PROPOSAL

We reviewed the updated proposal for MXRI syntax at:

		http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/XriCd02/Xri2dot1Formats

It was agreed that the goal is to have the same identifier to use in SMTP
network as in the web.

Action Item:
Add to spec a note that global registries SHOULD reserve the xri. for the
purpose of MXRI. That is, the three letter name "XRI" followed by the "."
(for example, xri. or xri.anything).

4)  RDFX V2 PROPOSAL REVIEW

We decided to skip this item so we would have enough time to cover the
other items. The proposal will be reviewed during the February 15th TC
call.

5) IDENTITY SELECTOR SUPPORT FOR XRI

We covered some of the issues around supporting XRIs in Higgins and in
Cardspace.

It was unclear as to whether there was a predefined URL claim type in the
Cardspace schema, as suggested by Kim Cameron in the following post:
http://www.identityblog.com/?p=661

Action Item: Laurie will look through the new Cardspace docs to see if the
URI (or just URL) has been defined as one of the claims in the core
schema.

It was agreed that the much bigger issue is support for other types of
cards that live at endpoints that are not WS* endpoints.

URIs and XRIs need to not just be a claims type carried within the token
service. Is it possible to have true support for a card that actually *is*
an XRI?

Action Item: Andy Dale will provide his feedback, combined with input from
Paul Trevithick. We will review this feedback during the next joint TC
call.