xri message

Subject: First draft XRI 2.1 ABNF

XRI TC Members and Observers,

Thanks to stars aligning, I managed to complete the task I was assigned on last week’s call of doing a first draft of the proposed ABNF for XRI Syntax 2.1. It is posted on the XRI TC wiki at:

            http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/XriCd02/XriAbnf2dot1

As I had hoped, the support for “compact” cross-references simplifies it (by 5 rules) vs. the 2.0 ABNF by making the segment/subseg rules more regular.

We won’t take time on tomorrow’s call to review it in depth, but we will take volunteers to do such a review before next week’s call, so please look it over and be ready to volunteer ;-)

=Drummond