xri message

Subject: Minutes: XRI TC Telecon Thursday 2007-02-15

Following is the agenda for a joint unofficial tele con of the XRI and XDI
TCs at:

Date:  Thursday, 15 February 2007 USA (Friday morning Asia)
Time:  4:00PM - 5:30PM PT

Attending:

Drummond Reed
Les Chasen
Wil Tan
Gabe Wachob
Laurie Rae
Marty Schleiff

AGENDA

1) PROPOSED NEW MEETING TIME

We agreed that we would move the time to 10:00 am starting Thursday,
February 22nd, 2007.

2)  MEETING WITH MARK WAHL

We decided to cover this at a future meeting, because Marty Schleiff was
not yet on the call, and other people who were interested were not able
to make the call.

It was also decided that Laurie Rae would send notes from the meeting to
the mailing lists.

3) IDENTITY SELECTOR SUPPORT FOR XRI

Neither Andy Dale nor Paul Trevithick were able to participate in the
telecon. It was decided that we would revisit the topic during
subsequent telecons.

Action Item:

Drummond to sent a note to Kim and Mike about the email I sent to the
list. We need to get a copy of the claims schema.

Action Item:

Laurie Rae to follow up  with Andy Dale to see if he can provide the
list of issues for the following telecon.

4) XRI SYNTAX 2.1 COMPACT SYNTAX PROPOSAL

Questions were raised about what is driving us towards compact syntax.
Opinions were raised to support what Steve Churchill has been saying.

Is there a reason we need to have relative URIs in cross-references. Why
not say a x-ref needs to begin with a GCS character or a scheme.

It was suggested there were a lot of examples that we might need to
understand, but a lot of them will not necessarily be used by "ordinary"
people.

Drummond edited the Wiki in response to some of the feedback.

5) XDI RDF V3 MODEL PROPOSAL

We did not have time to discuss this item, and it was decided that XDI
RDF discussions will be lower priority until the 2.1 XRI specs are complete.

The goal is to have the specs ready for final revisions at the OASIS
Symposium in San Diego in April, with the plan to have them ready by the
end of April, in time for IIW 2007a.