xri message

Subject: Sixth draft proposed XRI 2.1 ABNF

FYI, the sixth draft of the proposed ABNF for XRI 2.1 was just posted to the
wiki at:

	http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/XriCd02/XriAbnf2dot1

The only change was to rename the gcs-char and lcs-char rules to gcs-subseg
and lcs-subseg as suggested by Wil. This supports the ability of an XRI
parser to expose the complete sequence of subsegments in an XRI authority
segment necessary for XRI resolution, i.e.:

* gcs-subseg (one)
* simple-subseg (zero or one)
* local-subseg (zero or more)
* global-subseg (zero or more)

I'll try next to update the XRI resolution parse tree examples on
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/XriCd02/GlobalSubsegments to use these
updated rule names.

Please send any feedback to the list; this will also be a main topic on
Thursday's telecon. I'd like to close on this core ABNF by the end of the
week so we can put out a complete XRI Syntax 2.1 draft before our f2f at the
OASIS Symposium in April.

=Drummond