xri message

Subject: Sticky star examples

Drummond,

Are the following (A and B) correct translations?

A: FOUR TOP-LEVEL SUBSEGMENTS
XRI:            =a+b*c+d

global-literal          =
typeless-literal        a
global-xref             +b*c
global-literal                  +
typeless-literal                b
local-literal                   *c
global-xref             +d
global-literal                  +
typeless-literal                d

B: FIVE TOP-LEVEL SUBSEGMENTS
XRI:            =a(+b)*c+d

global-literal          =
typeless-literal        a
typeless-xref           (+b)
global-xref                     +b
global-literal                          +
typeless-literal                        b
local-literal           *c
global-xref             +d
global-literal                  +
typeless-literal                d

Thx,

~ Steve

PS: I hate sticky stars! If someone wants that order of precendence, then
THEY should use parens (as in =a(+b*c)+d) -- not the other way around.
In other words, I think that both XRIs A and B above should have 5 top-level

subsegments.