xri message

Subject: Re: [xri] Potential breakthrough

> I agree that not having the sticky star rules does simplify things a
> lot. In effect, we're kind of back to compact syntax, which means that a
> global-xref is a two-subseg-XRI-where-first-subseg-is-GCS construct.
>
> [=Drummond] Just to clarify, it's a "global-xref is
> n-subseg-XRI-where-first-subseg-is-GCS construct".

How so? Without sticky stars and bangs, wouldn't the global-xref in
@foo+bar*baz be just "+bar"?

A related question which I don't think was answered: do we support
relative subsegments? I.e. can you have @foo refer to @foo*bar by just
"*bar"?

If so, we wouldn't have the ability to reference a global-xref
relatively because there is no LCS (* or !) in the absolute reference,
i.e. @foo cannot refer to @foo+bar just by saying "+bar" because it
could be mistaken as an absolute reference.

=wil