xri message

Subject: Minutes:Joint XRI & XDI TC Telecon Thursday 2007-06-07

Following are the minutes for a joint unofficial telecon of the XRI and XDI
TCs at:

Date:  Thursday, 07 June 2007 USA
Time:  10:00AM - 12:00PM Pacific Time

ATTENDING

Steve Churchill
Les Chasen
Peter Davis
Gabe Wachob
Markus Sabadello
Drummond Reed
Laurie Rae

AGENDA

1) POTENTIAL FOR INTEGRATING HANDLE IN XRI 3.0 SUITE

Drummond explained that a dialog that evolved out of the ITU Focus Group on
Identity Management meeting last month with representatives of CNRI, home of
the Handle persistent identifier service (http://www.handle.net/). The
discussion has been about potentially integrating Handle into XRI 3.0.

TC members are supportive of this direction, and we will encourage CNRI to
become directly involved with the TC.

2) SECURITY REVIEW OF XRI RESOLUTION

At Internet Identity Workshop, Kim Cameron told Drummond he had asked Mark
Novak (who has worked at Microsoft in Windows security for a number of
years) to do a security review of OpenID discovery. Drummond subsequently
talked to Mark for about an hour and went over how OpenID discovery works,
including the differences between URL-based and XRI-based discovery. Mark
thought it was significant that XRI-based discovery always uses HTTPS while
URL-based discovery defaults to HTTP, and was going to do more research on
this.

3) XRI RESOLUTION 2.O WORKING DRAFT 11

The second editor's draft of WD11 was posted at:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/24286/xri-resolution-v2.0-
wd-11-ed-02.doc

The balance of the call was a detailed review of the comments/issues, with
each one resulting in an action item. The notes from this portion of the
meeting are posted on the WD11 ED02 page on the XRI TC wiki at:

	http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/XriCd02/ResWd11Ed02

All XRI Resolution editors and contributors, please check this page and
search for your name to see your action items.

Our goal is to post ED03 by next Wednesday, and if necessary post ED04 the
following week, until all action items are accomplished and we are ready for
the Committee Draft vote.

4) SPECIAL CALL ON CANONICAL ID VERIFICATION - MONDAY JUNE 11 1PM PT

We agreed we need a special call to discuss the Canonical ID verification
section and the request by the OpenID community for Canonical ID
verification to be defined for URLs and well as XRIs. We will hold that call
Monday at 1PM PT on the same telecon number as the regular weekly telecon
(again, thanks to NeuStar for hosting these calls).

=Drummond