xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] FW: Dereferencing rules are required for interop

Markus,

This behavior was suggested by Drummond when I first documented these rules last fall. I agreed with him then as I do now, but I’ll leave it to him to present the defense.

The rules need to appear in the spec in any case.

~ Steve

From: markus.sabadello@gmail.com [mailto:markus.sabadello@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Markus Sabadello
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2007 1:42 PM
To: Steven Churchill
Cc: xri@lists.oasis-open.org

Hey Steve,

Are you sure about lines 3 and 5 in the table? Should a Ref be dereferenced just because there is no CID in the XRD? Even if there is a matching SEP?

My understanding of CID verification was that it simply verifies a CID (if there is one), not influence the resolution process, but maybe I was wrong. Maybe its purpose is more like "give your best to find me a verified CID".

Markus