xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] Direct descendant vs. family descendant CIDs (was RE: [xri] Minutes: Special XRI TC Telecon Noon PT Friday 2007-08-24)

Title: RE: [xri] Direct descendant vs. family descendant CIDs (was RE: [xri] Minutes: Special XRI TC Telecon Noon PT Friday 2007-08-24)

As I mentioned in the earlier email I think we have too many **Id elements and that it will hurt us in interoperability.  That said I'd prefer direct desc. as well, for the same reason that Markus stated.

Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: markus.sabadello@gmail.com on behalf of Markus Sabadello
Sent: Fri 8/24/2007 8:51 PM
To: Drummond Reed
Cc: Chasen, Les; xri@lists.oasis-open.org

I also think both is fine. In 99% of all cases it will be "direct"
descendants anyway.

Right now I have a slight preference for the tight version (NOT allowing
what you call "family" descendants), because with all those synonym elements
we are discussing I feel there is really no need to mess with the
CanonicalID itself. But I don't really care...

Markus