xri message

Subject: Please review: XRI Resolution v2.0 WD 11 ED 05

I have just uploaded both the Word doc and PDF version of XRI Resolution 2.0
Working Draft 11 Editor's Draft 05. Following are the public links to both
files:

PDF:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/25307/xri-resolution-v2.0-
wd-11-ed-05.pdf

Word:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/25306/xri-resolution-v2.0-
wd-11-ed-05.doc

The bad news is that I wasn't able to completely finish all the action items
on http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/Xri2Cd02/ResWorkingDraft11.

The good news is:

* Section 5, XRDS Synonyms, and Section 13, Synonym Verification, have been
rewritten for the third time, and I believe the third time's the charm. Both
sections are now much shorter, very crisp, and reflects feedback from all
the editors.

* Secondly, Kermit Snelson, who is working with Victor Grey on the Ruby
proxy resolver, has completely implemented and tested CanonicalID
verification as spec'd in ED04 (the only change in ED05 was to renumber two
of the error codes) and it works great.

* In addition, Kermit did a survey of OpenID implementations and found that
none of them appear to key on the Status element. Therefore we are clear to
proceed with our decision to make cid=true the default. This is already
reflected in ED05.

I am flying to Boston today and will be working extensively on ED06 on the
plane. My goal is to finish all the action items on
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/Xri2Cd02/ResWorkingDraft11 except the
appendicies.

PLEASE REVIEW THE UPDATED SECTIONS 5 AND 13 AND SEND ANY FEEDBACK TO THE
LIST ASAP. That will leave us with only the final action items to review in
ED06.

Thanks,

=Drummond