xri message

Subject: Special XRI TC Telecon 1PM PT Thursday 2007-10-01

Following is the agenda for a SPECIAL unofficial telecon of the XRI TC at:

Date:  Monday, 01 October 2007 USA
Time:  1:00PM - 2:30PM Pacific Time

Event Description:
Special telecon to discuss XRI resolution reference processing as described
below.

TO ACCESS THE AUDIO CONFERENCE:
    Dial In Number: 571-434-5750
    Conference ID: 5474

AGENDA

1) REVISED REF PROCESSING PROPOSAL
At last Thursday's XRI/XDI TC telecon we had extensive discussion of Ref
processing. We were not able to close on the telecon, however subsequent
discussion has produced an updated proposal posted tonight (Sunday) at:

	http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/XriCd02/RefProcessing

The three key changes in this new proposal (vs. the one discussed on the TC
call last Thursday) are:

a) Addition of a Redirect element to take over the function of what was
previously a "service ref" (which Steve points out operated differently than
an "authority ref").

b) Keeping the refs= parameter as a boolean (as it was in ED05).

c) Elimination of the proposed "find all" option -- too complex to be
introduced at this stage (and can be performed by a separate utility if
needed).

PLEASE REVIEW THIS UPDATED PROPOSAL BEFORE THE CALL IF YOU HAVE TIME -- it
is of paramount importance that we close on ref processing so we can
complete ED06 and proceed to a Committee Draft vote.