xri message

Subject: Agenda:Joint XRI & XDI TC Telecon 10AM PT Thursday 2007-10-04

Following is the agenda for a joint unofficial telecon of the XRI and XDI
TCs at:

Date:  Thursday, 04 October 2007 USA
Time:  10:00AM - 12:00PM Pacific Time

Event Description:
Weekly unofficial joint call of the XRI and XDI Technical Committees.

TO ACCESS THE AUDIO CONFERENCE:
    Dial In Number: 571-434-5750
    Conference ID: 5474

AGENDA

1) REVISED REDIRECT & REF PROCESSING PROPOSAL
This has been one of the busiest weeks in XRI TC history. We've had a fever
pitch of activity among XRI Resolution 2.0 editors and implementers to close
on the Redirect & Ref (R&R) proposal at:

	http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/XriCd02/RefProcessing

The fifth revision of this proposal was posted tonight, and will be the one
we go over on the call. The specific items on which we want to reach final
closure are:

A) CANONICALID VERIFICATION RULE

The proposed rule is: CanonicalID verification within any XRDS document
follows the chain of XRDs within that XRDS document.

B) XRDS NESTING RULE

The proposed rule is: All Redirects and Refs result in a nested XRDS
document with either a redirect= or ref= attribute identifying the Redirect
or Ref being followed.

C) XRD LEVEL PRECEDENCE RULE

The proposed rule is: A Redirect or Ref appearing at the XRD level is
processed automatically by the resolver before service endpoint selection is
performed (or before resolution is completed if sep=false).

D) REDIRECT PARAMETER

We need to close on whether a redirect= resolution parameter is needed to
control redirect processing.

E) ERROR CODES

We need to close on the error codes in the proposal -- in particular
replacing the current 101 REF_NOT_FOLLOWED with 260 REF_NOT_FOLLOWED.

2) ISSUE #49 - MEDIA TYPE PARAMETERS FOR URI LIST

GABE has the action item to close on this longstanding issue.

3) SCHEDULE FOR XRI RESOLUTION 2.0 WD11 ED06 AND COMMITTEE DRAFT VOTE

We will review the remaining action items at...

	http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/Xri2Cd02/ResWorkingDraft11

...and assign tasks to complete ED06 ASAP so we can prepare for a Committee
Draft vote.